Concrete4U is part of Lightwater Quarries, the largest independent quarrying company in North Yorkshire, and we are therefore able to offer a broad range of high-quality construction aggregates. Supplied in bulk loads, it makes us the ideal supplier for large and small building and construction projects including industrial, commercial, housing, agricultural, landscaping and highway schemes.
- Type 1 Sub-Base
- Crusher Run
- 6F5 Capping Layer
- 75mm Clean Stone
- 40mm Clean Stone
- 20mm Clean Stone
- 20/5mm Clean Stone
- 10mm Clean Stone
- 6mm Clean Stone
- Gabion Stone
- Type 1X
- Type 3
- Self-Binding Path Mix
- Concreting Sharp Sand/grit sand
- Building Sand
- 20mm Gravel
- 10mm Gravel
TYPE 1 SUB BASE CLAUSE 803
(MOT Type 1) Building Aggregate for small and large scale projects.
- Crushed aggregate from 40mm to dust. Ideal as a sub-base for road construction, driveways and paths with excellent load bearing properties.
40mm and 75mm down to dust capping layer.
- A combination of crushed rock and stone dust to create a very low-void content sub base. Capping can be used on farm roads and as fill material under concrete. Not made to a specification so dust content will vary.
6F5 CAPPING LAYER
Un-bound aggregates used as a capping layer
- A graded aggregate manufactured to Series 600 – Specification for Highway Works. 6F5 is coarse grading 0/80mm.
75MM CLEAN STONE
40-75mm clean graded limestone aggregate, also known as 75mm single sized limestone
- A high-quality drainage stone which can also be used for general bulk fill and in the creation of hard standings.
40MM CLEAN STONE
20-40mm clean graded limestone aggregate, also known as 40mm single sized limestone
- A high-quality drainage stone and pipe bedding which makes an ideal filter media.
20MM CLEAN STONE
10-20mm graded washed limestone aggregate, also known as 20mm single sized limestone
- Chippings for footpaths, driveways, decorative applications and pipe bedding. Aggregate pieces interlock meaning it does not roll around like rounded gravel. Produced to BSEN1260 / BSEN13242
20/5 CLEAN STONE
Concrete grade limestone aggregate
- A graded course aggregate ideal for concrete mixes, pipe bedding and land drainage
10MM CLEAN STONE
4-10mm graded washed limestone aggregate, also known as 10mm single sized limestone
- Chippings for footpaths, decorative applications, flat roofs and pipe bedding. Produced to BSEN1260 / BSEN13242
6MM CLEAN STONE
2-6mm graded washed limestone aggregate, also known as 6mm single sized limestone
- Decorative chippings for gardens and paths. Bedding layer for permeable paving. Also, an ideal decorative aggregate for topping off pots and planters.
80-200mm clean graded limestone aggregate
- Used for the stabilisation and control of earthworks and river works when in Gabion baskets.
5-40mm graded limestone aggregate
- Free draining sub-base with low -5mm content. Used under permeable paving such as Marshalls Priora and Hanson Aquaflow.
0-40mm graded limestone aggregate
- Low fines sub-base with less -63micron content than MOT Type 1, used for permeable paving applications such as Marshalls Priora and Hanson Aquaflow.
SELF BINDING PATH MIX
0-10mm self-binding path mix
- Used to make a decorative path or yard area. Self-Binding Path Mix compacts to form a solid and decorative base for both domestic and commercial properties.
Sand & Gravel
CONCRETING SHARP SAND
A coarse sand used in concrete production screeding, block and slab laying.
- A coarse or sharp sand used in screeding, block and slab laying applications and for concrete mixing. Manufactured to BS EN 12620.
Soft sand suitable for bricklaying
- Manufactured to BS EN 1319 standard. Building sand is a soft sand suitable for bricklaying, pointing applications and general building usage.
10mm or 20mm gravel to dust for concreting.
- A mixture of sharp sand/grit sand and either 10mm or 20mm gravel commonly used in mixing concrete. Can also be used in bedding drainage pipes and as a sub base.
10-20mm clean graded gravel
- Decorative material for gardens as a weed free alternative to planting and also for paths and driveways, but can roll around on a drive so we recommend our 10-20mm Clean limestone aggregate.
4-10mm clean graded gravel
- Decorative material for gardens as a weed free alternative to planting and also for paths.
We deliver our construction aggregates to the following towns and their surrounding areas including Bedale, Boroughbridge, Catterick, Easingwold, Harrogate, Helmsley, Knaresborough, Leeming, Leyburn, Malton, Masham, Northallerton, Pickering, Richmond, Ripon, Scarborough, Tadcaster, Thirsk, Wetherby and York.